[tex-live] xemacs

Lars Madsen daleif at imf.au.dk
Sat Jun 12 00:49:21 CEST 2004

Karl Berry :

>     sentence in te book that gives any hint of how to install this editor.
>     could you please help me further?
>
> XEmacs for Windows is part of the TeX Live distribution, and is in fact
> a basic part of it.  It should simply be a package to install.
>
> You may also want to get the latest from fptex.org.
>
> There's also the possibility of getting the original xemacs distribution
> itself from xemacs.org.

Just woundering, why was NTEmacs abandoned in TL 2003? None of my users
are using Xemacs, in fact I think I only know one XEmacs user. A lot of my
users rely on the fact that the Emacs version/flavor they use one their
windows systems behave and look exactly like the one they use on our Linux
system. (well preview-latex doesn work yet... on windows)

I usualy just let them borrow a copy of TL 7 just to get the NTEmacs
(because it alrady has Auc TeX installed)

/daleif

``You cannot help men permanently by doing for them
what they could and should do for themselves. ''
 -- Abraham Lincoln