[tex-live] Aleph RC3 committed

Giuseppe Bilotta bilotta78 at hotpop.com
Tue Jun 8 19:10:12 CEST 2004

I *think* I have committed Aleph RC3 (ChangeSet 5054), which
features OTP-related fixes and brings it in sync with the
latest web2c changes (well, almost the latest, I just found out
Olaf made some more changes).

Since this has been the first time I touched p4 actively, I
*might* have fscked up something badly --I think not, but you
never know.

The release of Aleph is RC3 even though the filenames are still
called -rc2 (there is an eomem-rc3 but it is not used). I think
it's time to start cleaning things up, which means:

1. it's time to remove the eomegadir directory;
2. the old -rc1 files can be removed;
3. the -rc2 files should be renamed stripping -rc2 and the
Makefile be updated accordingly;
4. with the latest updates, Fabrice mentioned that the -w32
files could be removed.

Now, I'm not comfortable enough with this kind of stuff
(renaming etc); any pointers, so that I may try 3.? (deleting
is probably easier than renaming, so 2. I think I can do with
no problems).

Fabrice, can you please try a Windows build and see what is
needed? Then we will know more precisely what can be removed (I
think that the .ch[0-2] can go just now).

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

Can't you see
It all makes perfect sense