[tex-live] CD sizes

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Jun 8 15:15:02 CEST 2004

    the "demo" CD has about 500 megabytes too much,

The demo CD is not being produced this year; instead, we'll include the
miktex CD (on its own, as is, no integration).  At least, I thought we
had all agreed on this.  Do we have to discuss it again?

    and the compressed CD is over 100 megabytes over target.

How can that be?  Is there that much more than last year?  Any hope of
comparing?

Getting rid of the 30mb data file for pstricks that Hans found would be
a start :).

I think there are less widely useful things to omit before cm-super.