[tex-live] Updating packages over the internet a la MiKTeX

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Mon Jun 7 18:06:07 CEST 2004

Hans Hagen wrote:

> (1) i miss the tree: texmf-extra

that's part of the DVD tree, nothing to do with TeX Live

> (2) when watching the file list fly by i saw that there are still
> gzipped afm files

lm fonts, at least, are delivered compressed from CTAN.
should we uncompress?

> (3) since the whole latex documentation seems to be there, if needed i
> can provide a complete set of context documentation -)

yes please! I never know what to get or how. I'll make it a
separate package, if you can supply a nice zip file which
unpacks into a doc/context tree

> (4) quite some big fonts/../cb|cm-super files: it's that i know tex
> otherwise i would be puzzled if all of those sizes make sense

cm-super and cb annoy me :-}
--
Sebastian Rahtz      Information Manager
Oxford University Computing Services