[tex-live] Updating packages over the internet a la MiKTeX

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Sun Jun 6 18:04:19 CEST 2004

> Rainer Schöpf wrote:
> >I understood that you would keep it on sun.dante.de. After all, we have
> >this NAS box sitting there, with an empty filesystem.

of course, with the various clients falling at the wayside, i've got
three processors and an embarrassment of disc sitting around doing
nothing.

> um. please, lets discuss this again AFTER TeXLive 2004 has reached a
> stable state....

ooh, how things have progressed since i started cooking.

i agree with sebastian's last point -- plainly silly to change in the
middle of a cycle.  but let's think in terms of reviewing the field
before we put everything up.  fwiw, some of our research groups seem to
fancy svn for new projects, though i don't think any of the existing cvs
repositories have switched.

robin