[tex-live] Updating packages over the internet a la MiKTeX

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Jun 6 17:34:54 CEST 2004

    if we can see our way to getting the texlive tree available for
    mirroring

Although I haven't announced it before now, I guess it is worth
mentioning at this point: you can get TL via rsync://tug.org/tldevsrc.
This is the raw master current sources tree, synced to the p4 repository
every few minutes.  (It's /home/tlprod locally on tug.org, for those who
might be interested.)

There's also rsync://tug.org/texlive2003-Contents and -Images for the
last release, among a couple other things.  rsync tug.org:: will get the list.

Thanks to Kaja for getting the firewall opened.

(Hans, I hope this will suit your needs.)