[tex-live] Re: [tex-implementors] bug in etex

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Fri Jul 9 19:55:06 CEST 2004

Can't replicate the problem here, Hans : don't understand, though,
when you say you can't make a test file -- is that that simple
tests such as mine fail to replicate the bug ?  If so, what
are the necessary and sufficient conditions for its replication ?

** Phil.
--------
\toksdef \foo = 262
\toksdef \bar = 260
\toks 260 = {This is toks 260}
\foo = \bar
\showthe \foo
\showthe \bar
\end

->

F:\DATAFI~1\TeX>etex hh
This is e-TeXk, Version 3.141592-2.1 (Web2c 7.5.2)
  %&-line parsing enabled.
  (f:/Layered products/Tex/Live/texmf/web2c/cp8bit.tcx)
entering extended mode
(./hh.tex
 > This is toks 260.
l.5 \showthe \foo