[tex-live] TL004 installation from DVD image

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Jul 4 20:44:18 CEST 2004

      the test-texlive2004-inst-20040625.iso image (kind of) works, while
      the test-texlive2004-live-20040625.iso image doesn't install

There have been many fixes in the last few days.  You might want to try
the current ones.

Except there have been plenty of fixes just today.  The nightly rebuild
will be in 4 hours or so ...

    May I also suggest to use '\ls' instead of 'ls' as the command 'ls'

That should not be necessary.  Aliases are thankfully not inherited by
shell scripts.  (I have the same sort of alias as you, and it does not
cause trouble for me.)  After all, every single command could be aliased
in a problematic way.