[tex-live] installation errors with the current snapshot

Tigran Aivazian tigran at aivazian.fsnet.co.uk
Sun Jul 4 20:27:11 CEST 2004

On Sun, 4 Jul 2004, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> >Yes, as I suspected, such critical (ok, maybe not for everyone :) things
> >like Hebrew, Arabic, Greek, Russian, Latin, footmisc.sty and possibly
> >other bits and pieces are not included by default, so I'll just have to
> >install them manually.
> >

> can you convince me that the default should include these packages?

No, I can't and, on the contrary, I wouldn't recommend it. Now that the
Esperanto problem is solved by simply disabling "other languages" in the
Language selection and still selecting the full scheme. I prefer
"everything except known broken stuff" instead of "only known non-broken
stuff" :)

So, I didn't have to install anything manually in the end (well, except
Tiqwah, but I don't think you can include Tiqwah in TeX Live, i.e. Yannis
would probably not like the idea).

If one day someone will write a free software that can do Hebrew
consonants, vowels and accents in pdfLaTeX then I will use it instead of
Tiqwah.

Kind regards
Tigran