[tex-live] Port of TeX Live to x86_64 architecture?

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Thu Jul 1 09:56:23 CEST 2004

Tigran Aivazian wrote:

>Then Build complains about not finding texmf tree. Should I sync with the
>Master/texmf one?

no, you should not need to. if that script does not not run to
completion, we want to see the log of
what happened. Don't worry about warning,s the bottom line is whether a
set of binaries falls
out the end

>Do I need anything else for successful Build? (other than a normal C
>development environment obviously)

and C++

>(as a test exercise I decided to build it on normal IA-32 Linux 2.4.26
>machine, to make sure everything compiles OK, before I copy the sources to
>x86_64 and compile them there).

I'd expect to see bin/i386-linux populated by several hundred programs
after about 20 minutes work
in that situation.

--
Sebastian Rahtz      Information Manager
Oxford University Computing Services