[tex-live] look upon Thomas' works ye mighty and despair

Thomas Esser te at dbs.uni-hannover.de
Thu Jan 8 15:21:07 CET 2004

On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 12:37:51PM +0000, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> I have implemented, in changes 4248 to 4259, Thomas' work on
> reorganizing the texmf tree:
>
>  - killed some duplicates
>  - *.enc and *.map now in fonts/map//$package and fonts/enc//$package
>  - texmf/{omega,pdftex,mltex,etc,pdfetex) all removed where they only
> contain TeX-ish input files, merged into texmf/tex

I can only support Sebastian's statement: "This is a serious set
of changes!". So, please, everybody is welcome to check the new
organization (esp. in texmf/tex; this is where I had most doubts about
correct placement for the new files, especially from the omega tree).

> Thomas, can you make the simplications to texmf.cnf now?

I'll happily do this (not right now, but soon). Maybe, we can get an
update for pdftex in time (which helps with cleaning up TEXINPUTS for
pdftex based formats). The changes to pdftex are just a few lines,
but I want that Martin approves what I plan to do.

Thomas