[tex-live] Problem with TL source tree (eomegadir/eover-rc1.ch)

Thomas Esser te at dbs.uni-hannover.de
Tue Jan 6 19:46:14 CET 2004

> ./TeX/libs/md5/md5.o

What creates this file?

> ./TeX/texk/cjkutils/thaiconv/Makefile

I just fixed that.

> ./TeX/utils/t1utils/Makefile.in
> ./TeX/utils/t1utils/config.h.in
> ./TeX/utils/t1utils/configure
> ./TeX/utils/t1utils/autom4te.cache/requests
> ./TeX/utils/t1utils/autom4te.cache/output.0
> ./TeX/utils/t1utils/autom4te.cache/traces.0
> ./TeX/utils/t1utils/config.h.in~

Makefile.in, config.h.in, configure must not be taken out, since we can't
assume that users have autoconf installed. If you get modifications on
these files, it means that autoconf has been run, which should not be.

Timestamps again... I think that I have fixed that by change #4235:

  touch /tmp/foo
  p4 edit /t/texlive/Build/source.development/TeX/utils/t1utils/configure
  rm -rf /build/X; mkdir -p /build/X; cd /build/X
  /t/texlive/Build/source.development/TeX/utils/t1utils/configure; make   # this calls automake
  rm -rf /t/texlive/Build/source.development/TeX/utils/t1utils/autom4te.cache
  find /t/texlive/Build/source.development/TeX/utils/t1utils -type f -newer /tmp/foo | xargs p4 edit
  p4 submit     # change #4235

Sebastian, maybe, you should change Build:

  rm -rf build; mkdir build; cd build;
  ../configure --prefix=`pwd` --datadir=`pwd` --enable-multiplatform &&
    make world

That way, build results will all be in a directory of their own... This
requires GNU make, I think, but I thing that this is no real matter for
TL developers.

Thomas