[tex-live] [TL2003] Problems with ec-fonts

Staszek Wawrykiewicz staw at gust.org.pl
Sat Feb 28 06:11:37 CET 2004

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, Martin [iso-8859-1] Schröder wrote:

> I'm struggeling with a TL installation. I got the dvd image,
> installed the generic setup+ and now pdftex doesn't know about
> the ec fonts.

\usepackage{lmodern} instead ;-)
I know there's no better solution, or LM fonts would use the same
TeX names in map files...

> I installed cm-super with
>         "sh ./install-pkg.sh --package=cm-super"
> but pdftex.map still has no entries for it (but the cm-super
> mapfiles are in updmap.cfg).

In texmf/web2c/updmap.cfg which is just copied from CD/DVD during
installation, but not in texmf-var/web2c/. Seems that install-pkg.sh
doesn't know how to update proper updmap.cfg :(

> Which magic spell for updmap is missing?

updmap --enable MixedMap cm-super-t2a.map
updmap --enable MixedMap cm-super-t1.map
etc.

> PS: The doc on the disc (livese3.html#x6-140003.3) talks about a
>     --config option to install-pkg.sh, while the script knows only
>     about --texconfig. :-{

I only know that SPQR dislikes install-pkg.sh  ;-)

--
Staszek Wawrykiewicz
StaW at gust.org.pl