[tex-live] TeXLive2004 hyphen

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Fri Feb 13 16:54:45 CET 2004

p.se at gmx.at wrote:
> I am trying to install TeXLive 2004 on a Solaris system, from the CD
> distributed by DANTE. I am requesting the recommended general installation,
> but I deselected a few of the languages which are foreseen as the standard.
> I am getting errors because lots of hyphenation files are requested which
> are not available, for example catalan.
> Content of TeX/texmf/tex/generic/config/language.dat is given below.

you shoild have a language.dat elsewhere in a VARTEXMF
directory, which gets built at install time based on
language choices

can you check on your system to see if there is another file
of the same name? which should be found first

--
Sebastian Rahtz      Information Manager
Oxford University Computing Services