[tex-live] Problems installing doublestroke ps-1 fonts and updmap

Staszek Wawrykiewicz staw at gust.org.pl
Wed Feb 11 07:50:56 CET 2004

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004, Harald von Aschen wrote:

> E.g. I'm looking for the eurofont.map:
> kpsewhich grverb.map

What are you looking for: eurofont.map or grverb.map?
Please use rather: kpsewhich -format="dvips config" grverb.map
(see tldoc.pdf)

> This means that the directory "texmf-var/fontname" has to be manually
> created, it is not installed with tex-live. And please look here in the
> documentation TeTexDoc.pdf: "put that [map file] into the dvi/misc
> directory" where it is never found!

No, that's only an old behaviour that fontname/ is first searched.
Will be changed anyway in future.

> And under my "old" system all is working because of the "old" searching.
>
> Next problem: updmap is still not working correctly: Fabrice, I have
> replaced updmap.pl and ran updmap. Updmap is not updating pdftex.map
> correctly. Here is the result after (o.k. first texthash) updmap and then

Hope that you've read the answers from 05 Feb...
1. Put your dstroke.map (from CTAN) into texmf\dvips\doublestroke\
(sorry for not including that on TL!)
2. mktexlsr
3. edit your ...\texmf-var\web2c\updmap.cfg and add the line:
MixedMap dstroke.map
4. updmap

> The font is not found! After manually adding the lines from dstroke.map to
> pdftex.map (or editing pdftex.cfg and then putting dstroke.map to the
> correct place for pdflatex) it is working.

Please just follow the above. Do not add map files to pdftex.map, etc.
Using updmap is better, since it regenerates all global map files which
*are* used for dvips, pdftex and dvipdfm. Just to remember that you should
edit updmap.cfg in texmf-var\web2c\ (on Windows), as it is first searched.

--
Staszek Wawrykiewicz
StaW at gust.org.pl