[tex-live] texmf-extra

Thomas Esser te at dbs.uni-hannover.de
Sun Feb 8 13:50:01 CET 2004

> In the process of adapting to the new tree structure I'm trying to sort out
> how to deal best with the move of utopia to texmf-extra.

You can use texmf-local for "local" additions. That's already in the
search path.

> or whatever suits the current state of tds/cnf

tds does not deal with questions about accessing multiple texmf trees. It
deals which the internal organization of each individual texmf tree.

> (of course i'd like to see TEXMFFONTS for commercial fonts but i suppose
> that's off limit)

I don't see a need for extensions. You can put everything you want into
a local texmmf tree.

Thomas