[tex-live] running programs from texlive tlc2

Tigran Aivazian tigran at aivazian.fsnet.co.uk
Thu Dec 9 14:19:44 CET 2004

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004, David Kastrup wrote:

> Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk> writes:
>
>> I'll pass on the chance to read your code, thanks :-} You need a
>> macro expert, not a dilettante like me.
>
> Well, if the incriminated code is from Yannis, it would seem that he
> already had an expert have a go on it.  That does not mean that the
> stuff is necessarily done in the best possible way, but it could well
> be that there is no reasonably obvious way to achieve the same thing
> more efficiently.

Yes, it is true that the Hebrew typesetting is extremely "slow" even if I
disable completely all my macros for specific layout, i.e. just plain
typeset pieces of text (with vowels and accents of course).

So, due to the complexity of the underlying model (anyone who have read
Yannis' paper on Hebrew Bible typesetting knows this) it is probable that
there is no easy way to do it faster...

Kind regards
Tigran