[tex-live] tpm Title and description fields

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Aug 30 14:46:49 CEST 2004

    As so many packages have different names to catalogue, we still
    cannot do it automatically.

1) Maybe Graham would change the Catalogue names.  (And/or we change the
   TL names, depending on what the real name of the package is.)

2) Maybe create a mapping file from Catalogue names to TL names, so that
   the two do not have to be precisely the same, yet a script can insert
   info from the Catalogue into the TPM files.

    > However, I noticed that lately the xml entries for the catalogue have
    > disappeared from texmf-doc/doc/english/catalogue.

I do not know how they "disappeared" (perhaps in the mass
moving/renaming you did), but in any case, can we get them back?  It's
on my pending list, too.  But if someone else can work on the general
catalogue->TL stuff, that would be great.

Meanwhile, I do not think this is a stopper for the release.