[tex-live] e-TeX 2.2 schedule update

Olaf Weber olaf at infovore.xs4all.nl
Sat Aug 28 20:38:36 CEST 2004

Note that the various shell scripts in particular should get tested on
other platforms than linux/bash.  I'm not really concerned about
mktexpk, mktextfm, mktexmf, mktexupd, and mktexlsr since these are
very much written to the largest common denominator.  But scripts like
texconfig and fmtutil/mktexfmt (same script, two names) (to name just
two) use more advanced features, and while they attempt to select
suitable shells, they may still be vulnerable to platform-specific
"glitches".  (I tracked down one in fmtutil earlier this week that
manifested on IRIX.)

--
Olaf Weber