[tex-live] web2c-win32 volunteer?

Petr Olsak petr at olsak.net
Fri Apr 16 11:44:27 CEST 2004

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004, George N. White III wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Apr 2004, Karl Berry wrote:
>
> > > IMHO, there is an important question: how many users of TeXlive use
> > > this distro in MS Windows? Is there some result from an enquiry?
> > > Percentage approximation?
>
> The typical TeX user I encounter uses a TeX on *n*x in the lab and a
> Win32 version (e.g., on their laptop) elsewhere, so the percentages are:
>
> *n*x:  100%  (actually, many are still using teTeX until they need
>               something from TL)

Sorry of my off topic, but I need to respond :-)

> Win32: 100%

Strictly speaking (from mathematical point of view) You are not right:
There exist at least one user of TeXlive who _never_ used Win: me.
This implies that 100% is wrong.

More seriously:
We have results of simple opinion poll between Czech and Slovak TeX users
collected by Ladislav Bitto -- http://www.cstug.cz/novinky/anketa.pdf.
(You can skip the first page in Slovak language: the pages 2--4 are
readable without understanding Slovak: each line includes answers of one
respondend, no summary is present). Of course, the respondents are not
representative sample: They are probably internet-active people. I can
give a short summary:

Number of respondents: 55