[tex-live] web2c-win32 volunteer?

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau at supelec.fr
Wed Apr 14 20:56:57 CEST 2004

> At the web2c end, my sense is that for unix installations many of the
> binaries aren't much used either.  They're there because they're a
> traditional part of the whole suite of tools.  I don't see having them
> be there as much of a problem.

An example of the mess is the web2c directory itself, at least on my
side: I have set it up to compile all the regular stuff + omega-1.15 and
omega-1.23 and both eomega-1.15 and eomega-1.23 and now aleph, then
pdfxtex (?) etc.

Morevover I can't use the same trick as you can in Unix: compiling
outside of the source tree. Anyway that wouldn't work because I have
more stuff than stored in the regular source tree.

> Another issue is what it means to "turn this stuff into a more real
> Windows application".  I'm note sure what the expections are, and

No shell scripts. Turn every program into a dll  with a defined API, add
a command line interface only when needed.

Fabrice