[tex-live] Re: aleph for TL

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Wed Apr 14 15:13:53 CEST 2004

At 10:40 14/04/2004, Martin Schröder wrote:
>On 2004-04-13 15:33:39 +0200, Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:
> > The only thing that can break compilation is usage of omega.sty (the
> > omega package for latex/lambda), since it makes use of the
> > \nextfakemath primitive which is defined in Omega 1.23 but not in
> > Omega 1.15 or Aleph.
>
>So omega.sty is broken (what license does it have, anyway? the
>file has none) and must be fixed. Is that realistic?

given that omega is a moving target, i'd expect something

\ifx\nextfakemath\undefined
    \message{Sorry, I don't know how to fake math}
    \let\nextfakemath\relax
\fi

(or otherwise some version test like \ifnum\omegaversion>115 \fi )

in such a style; something like that is happening for pdftex for years now,
since that is a moving target as well.

Hans