[tex-live] web2c-win32 volunteer?

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at cybercomm.nl
Sun Apr 11 15:22:27 CEST 2004

On Sun, Apr 11, 2004 at 08:56:50AM -0400, Karl Berry wrote:
>     There is also teTeX on cygwin.
>
> I think it would fine to provide this, if there is space on the media
> (and if it's being maintained), but I don't think it solves the general
> problem.  I am sure that the vast majority of Windows users need a
> native distribution.

There is also MinGW, which creates native Win32 programs.

Than used to provide MinGW executables, and I managed last year to
compile pdfetex and other pieces of teTeX 2.02 under MinGW; you can
still find the stuff at http://tex.aanhet.net/mingtex/. I will
probably try at some time to update those patches to the current
teTeX beta. But this is not an offer to take over fpTeX.

--
Siep Kroonenberg
siepo at cybercomm.nl