[tex-live] TEXINPUTS, pdfTeX and texmf.cnf

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Sep 22 11:44:26 CEST 2003

    pdfamstex, but that one is only in the fmtuil.cnf I ship.

So let's just add a TEXINPUTS.pdfamstex for now.  What should it be?
And, I am not sure how many texmf.cnf's have to change (with either
change) given the recent confusion, so can you or someone else check it in?

That seems definitely lower risk than changing the default TEXINPUTS.  I
take your point that the important formats all have their own TEXINPUTS
anyway, but still ...

    "find everything unless specifically forbidden" it is a friendlier
    default.

I agree in theory, but in this particular case, I would say "more
dangerous" rather than "friendlier" :).