[tex-live] Demo not working

Klaus Hoeppner klaus at dante.de
Wed Sep 17 16:13:51 CEST 2003

On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 02:42:11PM +0200, Martin Schroeder wrote:
> Volker reports that the demo cd is currently not working (TeX
> doesn't work).

To give some more details:
With the demo CD (AFAIK yesterday downloaded) I wasn't able to compile
any LaTeX file as it failed to create the latex.efmt.
After running fmtutil manually I found out it failed since it
wanted to include Mongolian hyphenation patterns (mnhyph) that
aren't there, and after making a copy of language.dat to HD, and
removing the line with mnhyph, I could create the formats and
run LaTeX, but that's not ready-to-run demo ;-)
(of course it wasn't the only format that failed, but all that
rely on language.dat)

Regards,
  Klaus