[tex-live] cp8bit and old bugs

Staszek Wawrykiewicz staw at gust.org.pl
Wed Sep 17 12:39:46 CEST 2003

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003, Fabrice Popineau wrote:

> What strange results ? The chars output to terminal are printed
> according to your current locale. If I do a "chcp 1252" under Windows,
> the result is ok for me. I can see in both the terminal and the ttc file
>the same list of chars.

Well, I received your mail in different encodings, so I could only save
parts and then include the above using linux pine ;-)

1. all tests was done using iso8859-2 (don't know what is cp 1252? we use
here cp1250 on win; but I'm using exactly what I want in dos/cmd window,
not relaying on emacs or other programs which can change what I'm really
viewieng behind the scene). So I can test and see the terminal messages on
both machines running Win and Linux staing in the _same_ I/O encoding.

2. I hope that the latex example attached to my mail (in latin1 cp8859-1)
will explain more. Please just run latex on it and play as I suggested.

--
Staszek Wawrykiewicz
StaW at gust.org.pl