[tex-live] Technical showstoppers for TL2003

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Sep 15 11:13:14 CEST 2003

    I would suggest loading default.tcx instead of cp8bit.tcx.

That was my first suggestion.  But it has the disadvantage of implicitly
inviting users to change default.tcx to some other tcx file, which could
actually remap bytes from one value to another.  As Vladimir said, that
opens another whole can of worms.

Fabrice, can you make the changes in texmfmp.c and patgen.ch?
I would do it, but I am not set up to recompile, so couldn't test.

I will add an item to the change history in the doc shortly (and send
mail when I do).

System rebuilders on your marks, get ready, please ... :)

Thanks,