[tex-live] /usr/share/info directory destroyed

Torsten Bronger bronger at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Mon Oct 13 15:53:14 CEST 2003

Halloechen!

Because I set $TEXDIR to /usr/share (in order to get rid of this
doubled texmf/, see previous thread; granted, I was misguided), I
lost all my man and info pages.  In file common.sh in line 438 it
says

    rm -f `ls $TEXDIR/info`; ln -s $TEXDIR/info/*info* .

I suspect that this line caused (part of) the desaster.  Do you
think it is sensible and possible to avoid the first part of that
line?  I find it pretty dangerous.

Tschoe,
Torsten.