[tex-live] win32 ghostscript problem with TL2003

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau at supelec.fr
Sat Oct 11 01:14:47 CEST 2003

I have put a patched_1, own compiled version of ghostscript on
TL2003. The problem is that I managed to made it incompatible with any
"standard" version of gsview.

I fixed the problem by now, but it is very unfortunate, because it is in
ghostscript source code where a few function pointers are not decalred
with the whole set of attributes needed to make them non ambiguous.

There is another ghostscript related problem with the fact that convert
uses it and can't cope with the usual "c:\Documents and Settings\..."
pathname when you use ghostscript. This is also unfortunate, because
ImageMagick installs in the default Windows places.

The fix for this is to set TEXMFTEMP variable to the short path name,
not the long one :

set TEXMFTEMP
c:/Program Files/TeXLive/temp
set TEXMFTEMP=c:/Progra~1/TeXLive/temp