[tex-live] New binaries (and problems:)

Kaja P. Christiansen kaja at daimi.au.dk
Fri May 23 16:38:11 CEST 2003

New binaries for irix 6.5 and solaris 2.7 (239 programs each)
are uploaded to Perforce. The programs are based on source
as of May 19th.

I haven't noticed any problems with irix programs, but there
is (for the first time) a truble with the solaris versions:
a few programs now use dynamic libraries. For pdftex, for example:

 TL7: ldd /usr/local/TeX/bin/sparc-solaris2.7/pdftex
        libm.so.1 =>     /usr/lib/libm.so.1
        libc.so.1 =>     /usr/lib/libc.so.1
        libdl.so.1 =>    /usr/lib/libdl.so.1

 Now: ldd texlive/Master/bin/sparc-solaris2.7/pdftex
	libstdc++.so.4 =>	 (file not found)
	libm.so.1 =>	 /usr/lib/libm.so.1
	libgcc_s.so.1 =>	 (file not found)
	libc.so.1 =>	 /usr/lib/libc.so.1
	libdl.so.1 =>	 /usr/lib/libdl.so.1
	/usr/platform/SUNW,Ultra-5_10/lib/libc_psr.so.1

Other binaries that use libstdc++ : pdftosrc, pdfetex, mmafm, mmpfb.

Recompilation with setting LDFLAGS will make it work here, I think;
this will not necessarily make it work on other machines though.
Shall I recompile with --disable-shared ?
What is the reason for configuring these programs to be built
with libstdc++ at all?

Kaja