[tex-live] package upgrades

Staszek Wawrykiewicz staw at gust.org.pl
Mon Mar 24 07:10:43 CET 2003

I found that when upgrading some packages for TL, we should take
more care. The good example is minitoc (#2992). As minitoc
is not distributed in .dtx, we doesn't need texmf/source/latex/minitoc
at all (not counting the mess of intermediare files found here).
Instead it's enough:
texmf/tex/latex/minitoc/*.sty and *.mld files
texmf/doc/latex/minitoc/  all other files + making minitoc.dvi

all those 'other' files are just examples left for the user, etc.

Sebastian, can I make such cleaning (and for similar packages)?
I know that it can be annoying, and cannot be automated, but believe me
that source/ is completelly unusable for packages like minitoc.
Thomas, the same is in teTeX2.0.2.

--
Staszek Wawrykiewicz
StaW at gust.org.pl