[tex-live] macs & tex live doc

Michel Bovani michel.bovani at wanadoo.fr
Sat Jun 28 15:05:34 CEST 2003

Le mardi, 24 juin 2003, à 02:38 Europe/Paris, karl at tug.org a écrit :

> 3) I notice there is a file LISEZMOI-MAC-OSX.  It is not ending up in
>    the inst image.  Perhaps it could be integrated into README.FR,
>    instead of proliferating top-level files?

In fact the content of this file
1) is already in the texlive documentation. It was important last year
to have a specific MacOSX doc at top level because tl7 provided a macos
support for the first time. I think it could be removed this year,
provided the notes about frontends and editors are reported in readme.fr

2) is not up to date. With macosX 10.1, sh was emulated by zsh and was
unable to execute correctly the installation script (why?). With macOSX
10.2, sh is emulated by bash, and the standard unix install process is
usable provided one use sudo (the root account is not activated on
macosX).
I suppose (no way to test it all my computers use 10.2) that
README-MAC-OSX and LISEZMOI-MAC-OSX are still usable for 10.1, but not
for 10.2

--
Michel Bovani