[tex-live] CD /DVD images (some notes)

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Wed Jun 18 14:53:25 CEST 2003

On Wed, 2003-06-18 at 14:37, Karl Berry wrote:
>     It does seem perverse, though, to make a 3 disk set, to have to put
>     the source on all of them.
>
> It does, doesn't it?  But it seems to me that the demo cd is a "product"
> in its own right, as far as distribution goes.  I mean, someone could
> decide to only copy/redistribute that cd.

in which case *all* the package owners would complain, as I have omitted
the texmf/source tree.

we have two choices:

 a) put back source and texmf/source, and find another 50-100 mbytes of
packages to remove in addition to lang-cjk

 b) somehow make the demo CD *not* redistributable under its own right

a) is better, but who would like to choose which packages to remove?

sebastian