[tex-live] CD images

Staszek Wawrykiewicz staw at gust.org.pl
Wed Jun 11 07:52:43 CEST 2003

On 9 Jun 2003, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> I am starting a process to push new CD inages to
> ftp://www.tug.org/texlive/Images; I'll do this whenever
> I make significant changes or on request.

Unfortunatelly, it cannot work on win (cannot find tpm files),
so please remove that. I'll noticed many changes in tpm, lists
and win binaries after making .iso.
Since the final layout of the CD differs from what we have in the depot,
I'd suggest just making another directory at the same level as
Master and Build for the contents of CD1, CD2 (DVD?). It can avoid
uploading the whole .iso and burning the CD (at least for win users,
since on unix/linux we can just mount the image ;-)
Those involved in testing on win (hey, are there somebody else?)
could just mount the proper directory from the local depot.
Unix/Linux dames and gentelmen can deselect syncing that directory.
Would you please consider that? (maybe I'm wrong).

--
Staszek Wawrykiewicz
StaW at gust.org.pl