[tex-live] Unexpected stymied error

Gerben Wierda Sherlock at rna.nl
Fri Jul 18 00:49:29 CEST 2003

While

> running `pdfetex -ini   -jobname=pdfjadetex -progname=pdfjadetex
> &pdflatex pdfjadetex.ini' ...

I got:

> This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.14159-1.10b-2.1 (Web2C 7.4.5) (INITEX)
> (Fatal format file error; I'm stymied)

The reason was the old existing pdfjadetex.efmt it seems. One of teh
flags made pdfeTeX try to load the format it was supposed to be
creating?

Removing pdfjadetex.efmt and rerunning created the format fine. This
seems to be a problem. After all, when I am going to *create* the
format, I do not want to be blocked by the existing non-compatible
format. Weird though, because it did not happen with jadetex, only with
pdfjadetex.

"To be or not to be, that is the question" -- Parmenides