[tex-live] Re: tex4ht bugfix

Eitan Gurari gurari@cis.ohio-state.edu
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 18:48:29 -0500

Would a code similar to the following within tex4ht.c work?

  system("TEX4HTFONTSET={alias,iso8859/2}; export TEX4HTFONTSET");
  htfname= kpse_find_file (name, kpse_program_text_format, 0);

If so, tex4ht.c can be ammended to retrieve the content of the system
command from the `i' records. For instance,

  iset TEX4HTFONTSET={iso8859/1,alias}                         MS windows
  iTEX4HTFONTSET={iso8859/1,alias}; export TEX4HTFONTSET       unix

 > I observed that `ht latex foo' doesn't work on Windows (as docs say):
 >   ht: error, invalid combination of options, exiting.
 > ht.exe, htlatex.exe and httexi.exe are just the same files.

They should not be the same. Their underlying content can
be seen at

  http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/~gurari/TeX4ht/win95/htlatex.tab (MS windows)
  http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/~gurari/TeX4ht/share/            (unix)

I wonder whether I can help compiling tex4ht.c for kpathsea on my
unix account. I tried the command line

  gcc -o tex4ht tex4ht.c -DKPATHSEA -I/usr/local/teTeX/include
                                    -L/usr/local/teTeX/lib
                                    -L/usr/local/teTeX/include/kpathsea

at a private directory, and got complains of the form

    config.h: No such file or directory
   c-errno.h: No such file or directory

The files are at /usr/local/teTeX/include/kpathsea.