[tex-live] Problems compiling texlive on debian/woody on alpha

Norbert Preining preining@logic.at
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 15:20:06 +0100

Hi all of you!

Here are the problems I encountered while compiling TeXlive on
Debian/Woody on an alpha machine:

It is mostly connected with odvips, the Makefile seems to be just plain
wrong AFAIS. program = afm2tfm dvips, squeeze is not build, ...
but in the Makefile.in it is there. So WHY is it not generated?

Another thing: Why are all the files in odvipsk NOT links but
files which contain the link name. They are not marked as links in the
directory. I just made a
	rm -f Build/source/TeX/texk/odvipsk/*
	p4 sync -f Build/source/TeX/texk/odvipsk/*
	./configure --prefix=`pwd` --datadir=`pwd` --enable-multiplatform
	make world
and still the same problem.

Can someone explain me why this happens? Are some settings from my p4
client wrong?

Best wishes

Norbert

Norbert Preining <preining AT logic DOT at>         Technische Universität Wien
BOOK	There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers
	exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will
	instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more
	bizarrely inexeplicable.
	There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

                 --- Introduction to Fit the Seventh.