[tex-live] Encoding clashes with TeXLive 7

Alois Steindl Alois.Steindl+e325@tuwien.ac.at
Wed, 08 Jan 2003 10:44:34 +0100

Hello,
I have reported this problem already in the newsgroup comp.text.tex; so
if you followed that thread, just skip to the end of the message.

When I included an eps-figure using fonts from the LucidaBright font
family, the letters disappeared in the (dvips generated) ps-file. (See
the attached test examples)
 From the answer in the newsgroup I conclude that the problem is caused
by partial font downloading. Using the -j0 option for dvips solved the
problem.

I think that I really should use partial font downloading, especially
with the commercial fonts. Therefore I would suggest to alter the
algorithm in dvips concerning the encoding: In the current version the
encoding vector is zeroed out at the beginning.

I actually don't know who is the right person to decide about the
implementation; but I think that the maintainers of TeXLive have some
authority.

Best regards and thanks for the _extremely_ useful distribution!
Alois

multipart/mixed
  application/x-tex
  application/postscript