[tex-live] tl home page

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Sun Feb 23 14:41:28 CET 2003

On Sun, 2003-02-23 at 01:44, Karl Berry wrote:
>     that page is managed in Perforce
>     these days, and synced automatically to the web server.
>
> Ohhh ...  Where and how does this take place?

a cron job running under ~rahtz on tug.org syncs every 5 minutes

>   Anyway, I strongly
> suggest adding a comment to the top of the file(s) saying so ...

will do
>     so you really need to edit it using Perforce,
>
> I've tried to get perforce working several times but failed every time.
> Is there any info somewhere on set-these-environment-variables and
> use-this-path and make-these-directories and run-these-commands to be
> able to do tl development?

have you done the 5 minute pitch at perforce.com?
Norbert's recipes also looked right to me. Though note
that by default you cannnot change things - you need to get
me to add you to the right lists to do that

> Want to change the name to TeX Live 2003 also, as we discussed?

yes, my assumption is that this is "TL2003" until proved otherwise
(perhaps TeX Live 8 in brackets?)

sebasyian