[tex-live] compressed CD snapshot

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Mon Feb 17 17:00:16 CET 2003

from /home/tlprod/Images on www.tug.org
(shd translate to ftp://www.tug.org/texlive/Images/)
interested parties can grab a bzip2-compressed ISO CD image:

-rw-r--r--    1 rahtz    users    464690053 Feb 17 17:52
snapshot-tl2003-20030217-cd.iso.bz2
-rw-r--r--    1 rahtz    users          70 Feb 17 17:52
snapshot-tl2003-20030217-cd.iso.bz2.md5

This has all the packages in compressed tar archives,
and a suitably changed install-cd.sh script.

Comments on whether the install works gratefully received.

The only gotchas I *know* will upset people are
 a) you need bzip2 installed
 b) if you choose to exclude source and/or documentation,
  the script uses GNU extensions to tar to achieve do the job

If anyone wants to rewrite install-pkg.sh in the same way,
I'd be delighted.

the original install is at install-dvd.sh, under the assumption
that we'll ship an uncompressed tree on DVD.

The texmf tree should be clean and up to date (as of
last Tuesday or so), and more or less in sync with teTeX 2.0.1

Obviously, the documentation is unchanged