[tex-live] texlive 8

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Thu Feb 6 10:20:07 CET 2003

as it stands today, the 2 CDs come out as:

359568 extents written (702 Mb)
350432 extents written (684 Mb)

so we have a pretty big problem

I am increasingly attracted by the notion of
1 CD full of bzipped tar archives which the install
program will extract, 1 DVD with the expanded tree,
and a new project to build
a demo CD for TeX from that base. Fabrice's XEmTeX
work seems to be the right basis.

Janusz makes a case for the current setup; Fabrice
wants a demo CD (but has his separate project). are
there any other votes?

can those of who work for user groups consult your
committees on this subject?

By the way, I would not propose to change the Perforce setup
at this stage. I'd reckon to build the packages CD
automatically from it.