[tex-live] texlive 8

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Wed Feb 5 14:11:32 CET 2003

On Wed, 2003-02-05 at 15:11, Karl Berry wrote:
>     but if Windows isn't treated the same way, we are no further forward.
>     we can't have *two* sets of packages.
>
> What?  I didn't think I was proposing anything that would need changes
> from what we do now.

yes, you are. Windows reads the live file system
for its setup

>     IF Fabrice was able to switch his setup program to read foo.tar.bz2
>     from CD instead of reading foo.tpm and getting a list of files,
>
> You could just bzip2 the packages (.tpm.bz2) and all you have to change
> is pipe them through bunzip2.
a tpm is just metadata, though. the real files have to be packaged
somehow. or sorry, did you just mean bzip2 the filesin situ? ah,
maybe thats  a choice too.

>  * the end user has to have bzip2 under Unix (or we ship it)
>
> We ship it, definitely.  It is a small program, free software, simple to
> install, runs on everything (including windows).
ok. its already in the source tree anyway

--
Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk>
OUCS