[tex-live] texlive 8

Lars Madsen daleif at imf.au.dk
Wed Feb 5 13:18:31 CET 2003

another thing might be the texdoc system.

texdoc file

looks for file.dvi, ps or pdf otherwise starts netscape on the description
from CTAN.

The problem are the authors that provides theur manuals using nonstandard
names. Casual users might not know this.

for example

texdoc geometry

doesn't give any result because the manual is actually geometry-a4. On our
system I just created a soft link to it named geometry, which is a bit not
intuitive.

So my proposal is that whenever people find a package with user
documentation of a non standard name, thatn setup some sort of soft link
to it so people can better find it using texdoc.

I know there's the texdoctk program but on our system it doesn't work
since we need some Perl module :-(

Works fine on my laptop at home.

/daleif