[tex-live] rc-texlive2003-inst-20030823.iso Win2K: irun/texexec path problems

Peter Denisevich pdenis2 at comcast.net
Sat Aug 23 19:58:04 CEST 2003

Fabrice Popineau wrote:

>>I've installed (full install with xemtex support) the latest rc to
>>f:\TexLive: LaTeX and PDFLaTeX seem to be ok now but texexec still has
>>path problems:
>>

>>F:\>texexec --version irun: no perl.exe script of name
>>

>try:
>
>set PERL5LIB=c:/program files/texlive/xemtex/perl/lib;c:/program files/texlive/xemtex/perl/site/lib

I tried that (exactly) and also substituting '"f:" where you have
""c:/program files" and still get irun complaining about not finding
texexec.pl on **drive C:** -- it's on drive F: with the rest of the
texlive tree.

>This bundle is meant to work from within xemacs. XEmacs takes care of
>setting a few things.

Tried a little with xemacs and there is another problem: (I have Acrobat
6.0 (not Reader))
1) xemacs tlatex.tex , edit and save file
2) Menu/Command/PDFLatex (on master file) --creates tlatex.pdf
3) edit file some more and save
4) Menu/PDFLatex again:  Fails:  it *opens* (Acrobat) the old tlatex.pdf
and then cannot write on it.

pdflatex commands from the minibuffer work fine, of course.  it's the
pdfclose part that is a problem.

Also I note the following possible difficulty:  I've got Active State
Perl on my system already.  The rc distribution installation will shadow
it by putting its own perl.exe up front in the path....Or is it planned
to use only compiled perl modules and include only the perl58(?).dll in
the final release?

I'm going to reinstall without the xemtex  and just the recommended pkgs...