[tex-live] Re: IfFileExists problem? Only on Mac OS X?

Vladimir Volovich vvv@vsu.ru
Sat, 28 Sep 2002 22:58:50 +0400

"GW" == Gerben Wierda writes:

 >> so \if...ts _is_ working.

 GW> Are you sure? On my system, europs.sty does *not* exist. So the
 GW> ClassError should never be called if \IfFileExists works
 GW> properly.

\IfFileExists has 2 arguments - the first is executed when the file
exists, and the second argument is executed when the file does not
exist.

\IfFileExists{marvosym.sty}
   {\RequirePackage{marvosym}} % this is executed if marvosym.sty exists
   {\ClassError{g-brief}{Can't load package marvosym.sty !!!}} % this is executed if marvosym.sty does not exist

i hope that explains your misunderstandings.

Best,
v.