[tex-live] Omega??

Roozbeh Pournader roozbeh@sharif.edu
Sat, 7 Sep 2002 18:16:50 +0430 (IRST)

On Sat, 7 Sep 2002, Gerben Wierda wrote:

> My omega/lambda can create formats, but when I try to typeset a file it
> fails. I get an endless display on screen of [][][][][][]:
>
> [...]
>
> ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/comp/macosx/lamtest.tex (contains unicode)
>
> Can somebody tell me what needs to be done to get this working?

Well, I currently run Omega 1.15 (from TeX Live 7, Indian Edition), and it
works fine with your example. I'll try it with 1.23 and tell you.

Sebastian, do you have ISO images of the Indian edition available
somewhere online?

> PS. From some discussions I get the idea that omega/lambda is dead. Is
> that correct?

Well, that's based on how you define dead. But no, there are more
interested people in omega that may let it die. We just (some volunteers)
had a meeting in Trivandrum with John Plaice and Chris Rowley, and we're
sorting mechanisms to (finally?) make Omega open, and stable, and
documented, and standard compliant, and ...

John has promised to post some white paper on Omega 1.\infty requirements
in a very short time. Let's see what comes out of it.

roozbeh