[tex-live] A few questions about the configuration (isn't there a problem here)

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
29 Oct 2002 16:28:01 +0000

> 2)
> I'm woundering about the permissions set by the installation. On our
> multiuser system, the sys admins (I'm note one of them) doesn't like the
> fact that there are dirs with writing permissions for everyone. No problem
> actually, since the user created fonts are placed in $HOME/texmf/fonts.
>
> But here is what I'm woundering about.
>
> texmf/fonts/tfm
>
> why are the permissions on the dirs and subdirs here set to be
>
> drwxrwxrwt

hmm. you can certainly take off that w and g write permission. its
probably deternind by the default umask of the person installing the
files.