[tex-live] updated texmf avaliable??

Lars Madsen daleif@imf.au.dk
Sun, 27 Oct 2002 13:01:15 +0100 (MET)

Since the geometry package in TL 7 is from 2000 and the newest version is
from ealier this year, I was woundering if it's possible to access a more
recent or updated version of the texmf tree usable for a TL 7
installation? That way I don't have to update various packages by hand.

Another thing. Walter Schmidt says in the readme for psnfss the the file
8r.enc should only exist once in the texmf tree (in /dvips/psnfss). In the
standard texmf tree for TL 7 I think I found 3. And kpsewhich returns the
one in dvips/base. Isn't this a problem, especially when I update psnfss
to version 9.0a?

BTW: The source IS broken (compiling on HPUX 10.20). The linking
conserning (o)xdvi isn't right, or
something like that compiles fine without (o)xdvi.
Now I just installed xdvi seperately with the exact same configure options
used for TL 7 compilation. It works fine.

Though I now don't have oxdvi, but I don't know anyone here using omega,
so that might not be a problem.

/daleif