[tex-live] Configure question. Compiling on Mac OS X 10.2, running on Mac OS X 10.1

Karl Berry karl@freefriends.org
Sat, 26 Oct 2002 10:04:54 -0400

    pdftex undefined reference to _mkstemps expected to be defined in
    /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

mkstemps?  I've heard of mkstemp but not mkstemps.

I don't know if it will help, but there's a replacement function
available for mkstemp; if you use the GNU configuration stuff from
coreutils (on ftp://alpha.gnu.org) or gnulib (on
http://savannah.gnu.org) to check for it, it will get used on HP-UX, as
it happens.  I just did this for Texinfo, I'll append my notes below,
for whatever they're worth.

for mktemp, need these files (including adding to EXTRA_DIST):
$GNULIBSRC/m4/check-decl.m4	m4
$GNULIBSRC/m4/mkstemp.m4	m4
$GNULIBSRC/m4/prereq.m4		m4
$GNULIBSRC/lib/tempname.c	lib
$GNULIBSRC/lib/mkstemp.c	lib

then in configure.ac:
AC_DEFUN([texinfo_MACROS],
[
  AC_REQUIRE([jm_PREREQ_TEMPNAME])dnl for mkstemp
  AC_REQUIRE([UTILS_FUNC_MKSTEMP])
])dnl
texinfo_MACROS