[tex-live] Configure question. Compiling on Mac OS X 10.2, running on Mac OS X 10.1

Gerben Wierda Sherlock@rna.nl
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 23:32:55 +0200

As I currently (due to hardware problems) only have a Mac SO X 10.2
installation, I configure and compile on Mac OS X 10.2. But many people
use my binary distribution for Mac OS X also on a previous version:
10.1.5.

As it turns out, on 10.2 the function mkstmeps() is available on 10.2
but not on 10.1. As a result, running the binary on 10.1 fails:

"running `pdftex -ini   -jobname=pdflatex -progname=pdflatex
pdflatex.ini' ...
dyld: pdftex Undefined symbols:
pdftex undefined reference to _mkstemps expected to be defined in
/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
Error: `pdftex -ini  -jobname=pdflatex -progname=pdflatex pdflatex.ini'
failed
"

Is there a way for me during the configure stage on 10.2 to tell
configure on te command line that mkstemps() should not be used? This
happens in the xpdf library.

Thanks,